Thursday 2 February 2012

My first Imbolc Ritual

Here is my ritual for Imbolc

Preparation :

My altar is already set up, see pictures here but I will add a small cup of milk and a piece of bread for offering and I will need a lighter to light my candle

I'm not a great one for theatrics and drama, so this is going to be a very simple ritual ...

I will call upon the elements:

To the North, I call upon the element of Earth to be present to aid and guide me.

To the East, I call upon the element of Air to be present to aid and guide me.

To the South, I call upon the element of Fire to be present to aid and guide me.

To the West, I call upon the element of Water to be present to aid and guide me.

Then I will call upon the Goddess and God

I call upon Brighid to be present to aid and guide me and I call upon Apollo to be present to aid and guide me.



Then I will say (and do *actions in bold*)

As I light this candle here today
I know that the Sun is on it's way
To warm the air, the water, the earth
As Brighid's love will warm our hearth

I leave an offering of bread and milk
Upon the altar draped in silk
And ask for your blessings on all within
Be they friend, foe, stranger or kin


I will then meditate on all the blessings in my life and give thanks for the returning Sun and all the new beginnings that are starting for me

I will then thank the God and Goddess. I thank Brighid and Apollo for being present and aiding and guiding me. Hail and Farewell

To the West I thank and release the element of Water. Hail and Farewell

To the South I thank and release the element of Fire. Hail and Farewell

To the East I thank and release the element of Air. Hail and Farewell

To the North I thank and release the element of Earth. Hail and Farewell.

I shall then leave the candle to burn (as long as it's safe) until I go to bed and I will leave the bread and milk overnight - the following morning I will pour the milk on the ground outside and break the bread up for the birds......... assuming the cats don't get to it first!

So, there you go - my first ritual ......... well in words anyway!

love and blessings to all 

bunni x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment