Thursday 1 March 2012

Happy St David's Day / Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant


Happy St David's day to all my Welsh readers  

"Saint David (c. 500–589) (Welsh: Dewi Sant) was a Welsh Bishop during the 6th century; he was later regarded as a saint and as the patron saint of Wales. David was a native of Wales, and a relatively large amount of information is known about his life. However, his birth date is still uncertain, as suggestions range from 462 to 512. "


It's been a wonderful Spring day here - it started as a foggy, grey day but has turned into a lovely, sunny day and it's a day that I have always associated with the beginning of Spring!  Maybe it's the daffodils, they like dandelions, always make me smile and yet I'm not a fan of yellow! 

I love Spring, I love the feeling of something new starting and I love the way the air smells ... I love being able to shed layers of clothing as the sun returns, much like a snake shedding it's skin that it has outgrown. I can take off the chunky jumpers and put on t-shirts and floaty skirts, paint my toenails and enjoy the feeling of warmth on my skin! 

Yes, I am transformed in the Spring - I feel lighter, brighter and want to dance.... 

love and blessings to all 


bunni x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment