Friday 16 March 2012

F is for ...... Fear


Again not a very 'witchy' subject but, how many times have you stopped doing something or not even tried to do something because Fear got the better of you???

When we start as 'newbies' there is a wealth of information and we sit and read, and read, and read and read until the time comes for us to put the book down and take the first step to DO something....


This is where the fear comes in, the what if's, the can I really's .... and if you are a solitary then it's quite difficult to get past that fear .....

Fear can stifle you, when you are in a group you have each other to rely on.  When you are calling the quarters for the first time you can 'stand back' and watch how it's done before you 'step up to the plate'.  As a Solitary you don't have that luxury, however, it is very easy to sit there and make excuses as to why you aren't writing that ritual or casting that spell......and to let the fear win!

Personally, it's only lately that I've really stepped out of my comfort zone and fought my fears and done things that I've only read about before............ and do you know what ....... when I make mistakes - the world doesn't grind to a halt, the Universe doesn't implode and I don't get a thunderbolt to the head .... all that happens is I giggle, roll my eyes and carry on. (I also think that the Gods and Goddesses have a giggle with me)


So, to all of you I say - step outside your comfort zone and try something new today - there is nothing to fear but fear itself .......

Blessed be 


bunni x x x

artwork, photo's curtesy of google - no authors named

3 comments:

  1. wonderful.... I thought my post wasn't very "Witchy" either, but then had a realization that if we are truly living our path, than everything we do or talk or write about IS "Witchy" ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post! I have allowed fear to impact my life and practice in so many ways...I too have been working at letting it go. The best line of this whole blog (for me) is this, "when I make mistakes - the world doesn't grind to a halt, the Universe doesn't implode and I don't get a thunderbolt to the head." I am going to think in terms of thunderbolts now...
    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every new experience is a learning one. If you learn something, even if the lesson is 'don't do that', then you have taken a step forward. Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete