Tuesday 9 July 2013

More power to your elbow............




That was one of my Mum's favourite sayings when I announced I was going to do something, have to admit I'm not sure of the exact meaning behind it - but I've always thought that it meant she was wishing me more oomph for the project!

Anyway, I wasn't going to do a blog today, being honest when I came in from work I was feeling angry, frustrated, hurt and deeply upset with myself ........... but then "by the power of FB" I read something which changed my mindset completely .........New Moon, New Musings from Colette Baron-Reid

"We cannot be all things to all people" is the phrase that did it....and it made me think - if no one told me I couldn't do it (whatever it is) would I then worry half as much about doing 'it' ... no, I'd just crack on and go for broke............

I wrote a poem many, many, many moons ago - way before I started on this Path of discovery, and it sums up what I'm trying to say

If i was a mirror what would you see
when you happened to glance at me
would you see tears, sorrow and pain
always the victim someone to blame

If i was a mirror what would you see
when you happened to glance at me
would you see laughter, joy and fun
a ray of brightness like the sun

If i was a mirror what would you see
when you happened to glance at me
would you see stubborness, sheer pride
a chip on the shoulder a mile wide

If i was a mirror what would you see
when you happened to glance at me
would you see friendship powerful and true
reflecting the love right back to you 

No comments:

Post a Comment