Tuesday 23 July 2013

Gratitude ....


(image taken from google search - artist unkown)

I've been feeling incredibly blessed lately .... as well as a bit hinky .... and so yesterday and today I took time out to say thank you to my body, my universe and to my Angels ...

I have always found life's lessons a little hard to swallow when I've felt that I haven't done anything wrong - you know the ones where someone takes an immediate dislike to you, or the one where a ' friend' is the one that spends most of their time putting you and your dreams down ....

But, i'm learning albeit slowly that these lessons are here to help me to appreciate the blessings in my life - the love and support of my husband is one area where I feel I've been taking it for granted...

I want for nothing in that area, he loves and supports my Path even if he doesn't follow it, I'm allowed to put my 'witchy' bits out for all to see and I'm allowed (within reason) to spend as much time following my Path as there are hours in the day.... and at the end of the day his reasoning is if i'm happy he is happy - and yes I've taken advantage of that in the past ....... not my proudest moment!

My daughters and grandchildren are happy, healthy and unique individuals that brighten my life immensely (but if my eldest has another child I AM emigrating!!!!) :D .....

I'm also very grateful for my 'gifts' yes, being an Empath can be exhausting and can make you feel like you don't even own your 'thoughts' but it gives me an insight into how others react to me - if they choose not to tell me then at least I have a chance to modify my behaviour towards them ... yep, I'm aware that sounds like I'm going against their free will - but in honesty, if their feelings are making ME feel bad then I have the right to make myself feel good.... I am not in control of their emotions only how I react to them!

I am grateful and blessed by the opportunities my Path has opened up for me and I'm grateful for all those opportunites to come .... I'm also grateful for any missed opportunities - they may have passed me by but in seeing them I learn that they come in many shapes, sizes and guises!

From being one that always looks for the 'trouble over the bridge' i'm changing and turning to one who looks at every event as a learning tool to become the best that I can be .......... I will still get it wrong - but in getting it wrong I learn what I don't want or need in my life ........

I'm also grateful for this little blog - a place where I can put my thoughts down and read back and learn the lessons!

love and gratitude to you dear reader

Raven x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment