Wednesday 26 March 2014

Full time worker - part time Witch ......





Does that sound familiar??  I must admit it is a struggle when you work full time in an office to be anything other than a part time Witch,  .... I work full time and have a house that despite my best efforts doesn't stay tidy all by itself and a family that I need to give some of my time too .... there often doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day .... but I try!

Balance is something that we all strive for, for a lot of people that's merely the balance of the highs and lows of life, but for us modern working away from home Witches the balance is more of making time for our Spirituality, finding time to meditate when the dishes need doing, having a moment in nature when the office is demanding our attention........... so, how do we achieve this.

I try to incorporate my Spirital side into my working day, I wear my pentacle ring, I have crystals underneath the computer monitor and those moments when I am alone in the loo I will do a quick ground and centre and say thank you for the good (and bad) moments...

At home, I'll have a five minute meditation while in the shower, I'll stir in love and harmony into the food I'm preparing.  I'll read a book or go out into the garden and whilst 'weeding' I'll be thanking the Angels and my guides for the blessings of the day :D

I've spoken to people that assume that to be a Witch you need to be casting spells and practising the Craft every minute of the day - it's not possible - well, not for me.  In the office I need to promote a professional image, I need to dedicate my working hours to the people that pay me, I can't be 'messing' with herbs and potions.

But, I can be repeating my affirmations in my head, I can (under the pretext of thinking) get in a quick ground and centre or gratitude prayer.  I can stir my tea while saying a spell in my head.  We don't (and some of us still can't) wear our robes and 'witchy' clothes into a professional environment but we can wear jewellery, we can carry crystals and we can take time out in our lunchtime to do a quick card pull ...

It's not easy, I struggle to find the time to do all I wish, I would love to be able to stay at home and devote my every waking moment to my Path, but, this is the hand I have been dealt and I am doing the best that I can, when I can, in those moments that present themselves.

with love to you all

Lesley x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment