Monday 11 June 2012

Monday Mithers

What is up with this soggy weather?? - Seriously, it's been pouring down for days.... weeks!

And being honest it's hard to imagine that in a week it will be Litha - the time when we should be celebrating the Sun and be halfway through the Summer - this is the longest day - from now on the days get shorter and the nights start drawing in as we head towards Autumn and the close of the year!



It's hard to imagine celebrating warmth when I can only think of a week where I've had the heating turned off - and that got me thinking ...

How would I celebrate Litha in an area where there is no discernible change in the seasons or in the length of the day / night - or even when night doesn't fall for days.............

I have taken much for granted lately - I have a beautiful Altar set up in the Living room of my house - and as I am staying with my Dad for an extended period my altar got taken down and I miss just being able to look up and feel the connection....

I also have an Altar in my dining room and my hallway - in fact, I had more than I thought I had and I miss it..

So, for the next few days before Litha I am going to 'go within' - my Ancestors wouldn't have had fancy 'stuff' to put up (not that my stuff was all that fancy but it was meaningful to me) - and if they were on the move a lot they wouldn't have carted the 'stuff' with them ........... so my goal is to find a way to the Altar I carry with me at all times - the Altar of my heart..........



love Raven x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment