Friday 25 July 2014

Respect



Good evening blog o’mine, 

Something has been rumbling round my brain lately, yep, I know something else to waffle about….

I consider myself to be a tolerant person, I respect others opinions, I respect their right to be who they are without my input, but just lately I’ve noticed that I’m becoming less and less tolerant of rudeness.

I don’t mean swearing, although I would prefer to have a conversation or read something on the internet without the constant F’s and C’s …. But, that is (again) their choice and who am I to judge their vocabulary?

The rudeness I am talking about is the complete and utter disregard for others,  I’ve noticed several times lately when in conversations there is no eye contact, there is no consideration of the other point of view and tempers have flared on more than one occasion …. I should point out here that I am not involved in these conversations I am merely an observer….

I’ve also noticed that there is no holding open of doors, no ‘Good Mornings’ or ‘Night alls’  – people tend to move in their ‘circles’ of friends but even then there is no acknowledgement when people come in or go out ………. And if someone sneezes there are zero ‘Bless yous’… other than me……….

Am I old fashioned?  Am I totally out of touch with the world??  I do feel sometimes that I am living in a parallel universe. 

I have to giggle as I am typing this I am listening to the track “Have a Little Respect” – how apt…

Manners cost nothing, politeness doesn’t mean you are weak, and having some respect for others should be ingrained from birth, in my opinion.

I know that respect is earned and is not a given, but I’m talking about respecting others on a purely basic level here….. It does make me wonder how these people react outside of work, is this lack of interaction purely for the office?

I think, that if we did have more respect for others, more please and thank-you’s, more consideration then the world would be a much happier and pleasant place for all that dwell here….

If that makes me old-fashioned then so be it, I’d rather be old-fashioned than young and hip anyday :)

Love and angel blessings to you all

Lesley x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment