Tuesday 18 September 2012

Candle dressing in the dark!

As many of you will know, when it comes to crafts I am not the handiest of people - my brain can conceive things that my hands just have no idea how to make them - but for all that - I like to 'have a go'!

So, last night I decided that I was going to 'dress' a candle to become my Healing Candle... so, in typical fashion - google is my friend (or in this case I headed for YouTube) just to get an idea for what I needed to do... I knew what I wanted to do - just not how to implement it .... however the t'internet didn't want to play ball ..........

Basically, I wanted to put a herb blend on top of the candle, add some oil and a ribbon ...... so far so good - then I got a bit stuck ..... how would I get the herbs to stay on top of the candle - would I light the candle and leave it for an hour or so and then sprinkle the herbs on and then blow the candle out or should I sprinkle the herbs on the candle and then melt the wax from a second candle over it...........

Strangely, I couldn't find any information on this - didn't matter what book I picked up or what I googled - so, I went with my gut..... and voila .............





One Healing candle later ..............

Today I picked up a book and it fell open at a page explaining to me how to 'dress' a candle! - don't you love it when that happens :)

Love and light to you all

Raven x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment