Wednesday 30 November 2011

My Journey....

Last time I posted the Wiccan Rede and got kinda sidetracked (that happens a lot so bear with me...) and I've just realised that I've never chronicled the start of my journey.


I've always had a fascination for all things magickal.  But, I've always had a weakness for Witches.  My first love was for the Wicked Witch of the West, think she was hard done by really!! then Samantha, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (ohh to have a familiar like Salem!) and then onto Practical Magick and Charmed!  


I always knew I was 'different' from an early age, I questioned my Sunday School teachers and I stopped going to Church when I was told that I would be sent to Hell because my mother drank Gin .... I couldn't understand that, especially when Jesus turned water into wine - so when did alcohol become a Sin??? (I'm still puzzled by that one!!) 


I don't follow the herd - if someone tells me to do something I want to know WHY i'm doing it, how will it impact on others if I do it and what will happen to me if I don't do it ...... 


Anyway, for years this was just a vague notion that I didn't 'fit' with any organised Religion and just bumbling around on my own ..... then the Divine stepped in ...... 


You know how it is when you are a wife, mother, work full time and have a house - you never quite have enough hours to do all that you want to do - and when you do find the time you feel like you should be doing something else ..... well, that was me - always rushing to do the next thing - or worrying about this, that and the other until I went to my niece's 18th party and while dancing with my brother I snapped my Achilles Tendon ......... well 12 weeks of enforced rest and suddenly I had all the time in the world to surf the internet ........ now there are only so many games you can play, and so I found myself one day keying in the word Wiccan into google read some sites, read some more, ordered some books, read them, surfed some more, read more books and found what I'd been searching for .......... a name for my beliefs .......... a name for my values ........... a name for me .......... 




love and bright blessings to all 




bunni x x x


(PS: .... for those interested I snapped my tendon whilst dancing the Can-Can........... ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment